Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Oh yeah? you're a jerk-off too!

I'm sure meesha v. is sorely disappointed in his homelanders as they suffered a debilitating defeat at the hands of the Spanish national team in last night's Euro 2008 match. Now, I don't keep up with soccer (aka football) at all, much less European soccer, but I did watch the match. So, imagine my delight when I heard ESPN commentators repeatedly referring to a Russian player as "Jerk-off."

Of course his name is Yuri Zhirkov, which just makes it even better. Zhirkov comes from a family of excellent footballer including brothers Luka Zhirkov and Sacha Zhirkov, sister Woina Zhirkov, and father Pieter Zhirkov. Not to mention his distant cousin, Yakov Zhirkov.

It turns out that Yuri is an excellent player, known for his creativity and footwork. Don't take my word for it, check out the video below which highlights his niftiness.

1 comment:

kcmeesha said...

I didn't watch the game, but I am glad you linked Russian clip which only I understand.