Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Dirty Librarians


Over at a pretty good library blog called A Librarian's Guide to Etiquette I noticed a post about Library-themed double entendres. There are lots of suggestions in the comments, unfortunately most of them are pretty lame ( as in "I'd like to check her out!")


Probably the best of the bunch was "You'll find him shelved at HQ450" which I know is incredibly dorky, but I'm all over it.



Another good one:

"Can I interest you in some Longfellow or Cummings?"

I love this because it reminds me of one of my favorite Rodney Dangerfield quips from the 1986 comedy smash Back to School which I saw in the theater thank you. Upon learning that Sally Kellerman's character is an English professor, Dangerfield replies "English! Maybe you can help me straighten out my Longfellow."

Anyhow the two people who read this blog may or may not know that I am a librarian by trade. Here are some things that librarians say on a daily basis.

"Can you come down here so I can check you out?"

"May I put a hold on that for you?"

"I'm going in the back room to discharge some stuff from the drop-box"

"Just put it in the slot"



And lastly "Boolean operator" sounds kinda dirty doesn't it?

No comments: